Thing(s) I did: Part 2- Sayur labu lempah manis

Next one.
Sayur labu lempah manis.
I just hate translating everything into English. How to translate this kind of food?
Boiled pumpkin with shrimp paste. Something like that, I think.

Recipe and method.
Ingredients:
1. Pumpkin
2. Chili (depends on you. If you want it to be spicy, add more. If not, just use one enough)
3. Garlic and red onion
4. Lemongrass
5. Ikan pusuk/ Anchovies
6. Belacan/ shrimp paste

Stage 1.
Method:
Welcome the main actor for this recipe. Pumpkin. Peel off the skin and throw away the seeds. Cut into cubes. Not too small and not too big. I got this pumpkin from my kampung. My auntie planted this. Then put into the pot with water. Make sure the water level is at the same level with the pumpkin cubes. Set them aside.

Stage 2.
Method:
Ingredients 2-6, crush/grind everything. Do not use blender. If you don't have pestle and mortar, what to do... Crush/grind everything. Add into the pot and boil them together.

Stage 3.
Method:
Let them boiling. Add salt. You will get something like the photo below. The shrimp paste makes everything tastes good.



No comments:

Post a Comment