Let's talk "WORSHIP"

You see, one of my students invited me to join our college Christian Fellowship gathering this noon. I told him, if God's will, then I'll show up. Meaning to say that if I want to go, then he will get to see me. But I didn't. 

I feel thankful having such a wonderful student like him. I appreciate what he did. 

It is just me. 
I don't, I mean, I don't prefer to show my faith to the people. I can't say it's a bit, in fact, it's very personal to me. When it comes to my faith, my believe, my religion, I would love to have it personal.
 Keep it as private. I don't know why. I get uncomfortable joining all these spiritual gathering or concerts.
 I get uncomfortable to let people to look or see me praying. 

It's personal for me. 

This is just me. I remember I actively joined all these church related events during my university years. But I would always get uncomfortable when the people started the praise and worship session. People would sing, and cry. And me, I would just stand there at the side or at the corner and watched but not joining during the praise and worship session. Sometimes my friends were like, come and join us here, don't just stand there and bla bla bla...
 Maybe because the way I was raised in my religion. It's very traditional. You pray and sing and praise in the church during mass. And I am like that. Am that kind of person.

In other word, am that traditional kind of person. You see, I was raised as a Catholic since I was 12 years old. I only went for baptism when I was 12 years old since my parent didn't marry in church and they divorced since I was 6 years old? I can't remember. So I had to start on my own. And I had my Confirmation when I was 15 years old. I enrolled myself to Sunday class. Seriously. I did it all alone. My mom accompanied me just one time only. And Every Sunday before my class started, I would attended the morning mass alone. Every Sunday, for almost a year. I guess, that's one of the reasons why I love my religion very much. Because I worked hard for it.

I just can't imagine myself for not being a Catholic. Am not a perfect one, But am trying my best to be a faithful one. No human is perfect and you can't say am not good in my religion. It's always the process of learning. Am still learning (self-learning) until today. My biggest weakness when it comes to my faith is am having a hard time to read bible. Seriously. The most I would read would be the Revelation part.
😟😟😟😟😟😟😟

I hope my students will continue to grow and have a strong fellowship. 
It's good to join especially when you are in university. You see, you have to remember when you develop trying to be a person that you always want to be, you should never give away your faith. Your faith and believe should be your pillar of strengths. It should be the one that lead your way in finding success and happiness. Seriously.


No comments:

Post a Comment