Am I ready?

Perhaps this post seems dark? 

We went back to my hometown last Saturday. Driving from Kuching around 5pm, then reached kampung at around 7.30pm. My cousin & wife, me & my mom. I left my car at my cousin's place since my roadtax expired. Our grandfather (based on the family line, we called him grandfather. Not exactly our grandfather, but since it's kampung, so most of the villagers are related to one another. The generation line is pretty complex) passed away somewhere in the morning or afternoon. we went there to pay our last respect to him.

While waiting in the living room for Rosary prayer, I just stared at his coffin. I didn't get to see his face as I could not and did not want to see. You see, I get scared easily and yeahh. So, that was it. I stared at his coffin and began to think what if one day, when the time comes, and I passed away...

 Am I ready for it? 
Death comes at any time, any place without warning. 
Do I have money for my burial ceremony? 
Do I have money for me to buy myself a coffin? 
Do I have enough to feed the people who come to my burial ceremony? 

All this while, I keep on looking and earning money for the current situation. For my monthly expenses, for me to cover my car, my education loan, and etc. I cover almost everything except for one thing. Expenses for my own death. 
It's ironic, isn't it? 
Keep on looking and earning money and live the life am currently living in but I don't save even a penny for my own death. If I was dead today, trust me, I would be a death person without a single cent. 

I even talked about this to my friend yesterday, during our way to Sunday sunset mass. She was even in the same shoes as me. Then we thought of we should start saving for this kind of situation. We never know when our time comes, but at least we prepare something.
 I don't want my family to carry the burden of my death, I mean in terms of expenses. 

I shall get myself ready for this. Saving for my own death.


No comments:

Post a Comment