Thing(s) I did: Part 5- Steamed ikan sultan with tomyam flavor

Dramatic, isn't it... 😬😬😬😬😬
Am not a big fan of fish. I eat when I want to only. If not, I don't even want to touch it.
I cooked this dish two days ago. Mind you, this is not professional cooking. It just something that we have for lunch or dinner in an ordinary home. This is just ordinary food/cooking. I wanted to bake cake but couldn't find time.
The truth is am just being motionless during my leaves. And it still does not feel enough.
😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴
And I'll be back to work next Monday.

Now lets get back to our dish.
Ikan sultan stim tomyam.
Steamed ikan sultan with tomyam flavor.

That word, flavor, reminds me of Willy Wonka by Macklemore.

Recipe and method.

Ingredients:
1. Tomyam cubes (Dissolve in warm water. You can pour the mixture into the fish before start steaming. Or you can stir fry the mixture with the ingredients below, then pour everything onto the fish after 15 minutes of steaming the fish. I opted for the first method as I tried to cut off oil in food. I used the brand Knorr. You can use whatever brands you want)
2. Lemongrass (You will need two or three. I used two. One to be mixed with the fish, one to be boiled in the water for steaming)
3. Ginger (Slice thinly. The more, the better. It helps to get rid of the fishy smell. The same with lemongrass)
4. Red onion and garlic (slice thinly)

Refer to the photo below

Next stage.
Scattered all over the ingredients 2-4. Before i forget, mixed well a little bit salt with the fish. I soaked the fish for about 15 minutes with tamarind water. Then put the fish on top of the ingredients. Then mixed the rest of the ingredients with the fish. And next, pour the tomyam mixture onto the fish.

Refer to the photo below

Moving to the next stage.
I waited for the water to boil before I placed the fish tray inside the steamer. I put one lemongrass into the water so that the aroma absorb into the fish while steaming. Just crushed the lemongrass and let it boiled together with the water. Once the water boiled, place the fish tray into the steamer.

Last one.
I steamed the fish for about 30 minutes. Once the fish eyes changed color, consider it cooked. But then check again. But then again, steamed fish doesn't take long to cook.

Ok. That's all. That's a wrap for things I did. I don't think I cook starting next week since am back to work.
Life would be like go to work, come back home and normally foods are already prepare by my auntie.
Thank you, auntie, for taking care of us.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Watching MTV. Mic Drop is playing right now.
My favorite. Why? He may not be as handsome as the rest of the members but he certainly has an aura of an attractive personality.
And his smile. And his brain, his thoughts.
It's totally infectious.😇😇😇😇😇



No comments:

Post a Comment