Ordinary dishes from ordinary people's kitchen

I guess am gonna update my highlight of my day here. Every day. Hopefully. So, these were all things that we had for lunch today. Please be reminded that we are off different countries, different cultures and for sure different ways of cooking. And different foods.

Do you know because of my lack of vocabularies, I had to google the name of these things? Lololololol. I know the name in Malay only. And please be reminded, we Malaysian, we have our own English. I don't feel sorry for having different English than yours.

So I cooked for lunch today. And of course with Jura. Yeah, Jura is my cousin's wife sister. Does that sound right to you? My cousin, his wife has a sister called Jura. 

 I cooked this yesterday evening and it was still good till today.
Tadaaaaa!! Chicken curry with potatoes. Photo may not be good as it tastes. It tasted good, okayh. Ignore the background. Ordinary people with ordinary kitchen, unlike on the television.


The next dish would be this, tadaaa!!! This one ( I mean the chicken soup with white radish below) was specially made for my cousin's wife since she just gave birth to a cute boy. Loving all my nephews very much. Muackkkks!

(Ingredients: Daikon radish or simply called white radish, chicken meat mixed with bones, garlic, lemongrass, black pepper. Crushed together garlic, lemongrass and black pepper together. The portion of all ingredients would be agak-agak. Meaning to say, depends on your taste bud. Then, boiled them together till cooked. Don't forget to put salt and seasoning.)


The next one would be, sambal tomato!!!! Yeahhhh!!! This one is my favorite. All you need is tomatoes (I used two only), anchovies, cili padi or bird's eye chilli (I used only two), sugar and also belacan (prawn paste). I bet you don't have belacan at your countries. Muahahaha! 
Next, cut the tomatoes, set aside. Then ground the chillis, then sugar (if you like it spicy, put less. If you think it's too spicy, put more), then anchovies, then belacan, and lastly tomatoes. This dish, you don't have to put salt or seasoning. The rest of the dishes, yes. Then chilled it for half an hour to an hour. It tasted perfectly good.


Next! Stirred fried spinach with crushed garlic and ground anchovies. I don't know why, but anchovies really make the cooking taste nice.


And the last dish that we had (this one had been prepared by Jura). Present to you, fried fish!!!! Hahahahaha!!!! Perfect lunch!

That's all. We had them for lunch today.

Please take note, whatever "ground" and "crushed" here means not ground or crushed the ingredients using blender or whatever technologies you have in your kitchen. Every "ground" and "crushed" in our cooking is using this thing. Look down below, please.


Got this photo from Google Images. It is a must have thing in our Asian kitchen especially here in Kuching, Sarawak.

Love my state (Sarawak) very much. 

Good night! Selamat malam! Silamat bingare!  

No comments:

Post a Comment