Lock Ann Cafe, Kuching

Went to fetch my auntie's friend at the airport. Then we went to  Lock Ann Cafe. Seriously. Am afraid to try meehoon belacan at any eateries. I only eat the one that my auntie's cooked. Meehoon belacan doesn't taste good when you eat at the eateries since people tend to reduce the ingredients or they just don't know how to make a proper one. 

But different case with Lock Ann Cafe. I approved their meehoon belacan. It was like sedappppppppppppppppppp!!!!! Oh my gosh. Why do I feel so overwhelmed typing this... I can still taste the taste in my mouth. Definitely the best I could found outside from home. And definitely would come to have this again next time when am craving for it. 

Hope they will maintain the taste and everything. I don't mind paying money on good food. 

ABC a.k.a Ais Batu Campo
Shave ice with whatever toppings they put in there. They had jellies in it, sweet corn, red beans, milk/coconut milk, gula apong, cendol (the green thing)... 
So nice


Meehoon belacan
How to translate into English?
Meehoon with shrimp paste gravy?
The gravy is made from shrimp paste. Here's the trick. If you have good quality of shrimp paste, the gravy will turn out great. If you use whatever shrimp paste without considering the quality, the gravy can smell fishy and the taste would be bitter. 
The gravy is made of shrimp paste, grind dried chili, dried shrimp, gula apong. Blend all together.
Then, meehoon (vermicelli), shredded cucumber, chili paste, lime, squid, century egg. 




Ok. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment