Life as an educator: Part 1

There was this one student came to see me yesterday.
I asked her, "Ada apa?"
And she said,"Nothing, I was just passing by. I had class later."
I knew it, but it just that I wanted to ask her.
She looks sad. The sadness in her eyes. Am a good observer. You just cannot lied me.
So I told her,"Don't cry."
I asked her, "How's your father?" I know about her struggling between study and responsibilities as a daughter. I know her father has been warded in the hospital since last week. He is on the surgery waiting list for brain tumor removal. He was attacked by stroke too.
I feel her. Juggling between her study and her responsibilities, it's just.......*sigh*

She talked on her father, I asked her on her families. You know what, she has to travel by public bus all the way from Serian to Kuching and back to Serian whenever she has classes to attend. If it's not peak hours, it will take around one hour. If it's peak hours, it can goes up to one and a half hour. When I listened to her stories, I felt choked up. It somehow felt exhausted.... I just couldn't imagine how she managed to deal with everything.

To be honest, am not good in comforting people. Am not good in with words. My vocab is so limited. All I can offer is just to lend my ears. Am good in listening, good in keeping secrets.
All I could say to her, "take care of your father while you can. Family cannot be replaced. Maybe now you feel a little burden, but to think of it again, keep holding on and be strong so that you will not regret anything later."

I didn't want to say much to her. Am afraid coz I have a soft heart. I don't want to end up being the one who is tearing up. Hehehe

I could see tears in her eyes and she tried hardly to avoid looking at me. So I told her, "Don't cry."
And she tried to giggle and asked to leave. I just watched her leave...

May God bless you and your family. May the surgery goes smoothly. May God be with you always. There is always a blessing behind every difficulties.

Being in this industry for 6 7 years now, I saw many things, I listened to many stories...
And all those made me feel, blessed in some ways....

P/s: Listen to many, talk to few.


No comments:

Post a Comment